A program to support outstanding science documentaries
SF_AiD is intended as distribution support for completed science film documentaries, which fulfil requirements as there are transmission quality in picture and sound, scientific accuracy, originality, new interesting content, compelling storytelling.
The aim of SF_AiD is to assist filmmakers and producers in the early stages of bringing their completed film to the audience and the TV market. We want to increase the supply of high-quality documentaries to revive the European Science Film market.
SF_AiD starts where directors and producers are usually forced to work on their own and supports them to the point where the documentary enters the professional film market.
Submission deadlines 2019 for SF_AiD:
- February 5, 2019
- May 7, 2019
- September 17, 2019
- November 5, 2019
SF_AiD supports filmmakers and producers in the effort to introduce their documentary to a broad public. The offer is primarily aimed at professionally experienced people, but young filmmakers can be included in the program as well.
For accepted documentaries we offer
- publication of the EURASF/SF_Aid jury’s evaluation on the eurasf-website
- distribution via the worldwide distribution company Windrose.
- presentation of documentary or trailer on SciViews, a german video portal for science film and video.
- performances at European partner festivals of EURASF.
ERUASF is entitled to offer selected productions only parts of the program.
There is no predefined number of productions selected for the program. So this number may range from "zero" to "all".
How SF_AiD works
- Applications may be submitted by all members of EURASF.
- It is a prerequisite that the film was produced to the main part in Europe.
- Applications must be sent via mail to SF_AiD and can be made at any time.
- Application documents: see below / application form.
- Only one submission per person and date is allowed.